The House Rabbit Resource Network is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to improving the lives of domestic rabbits by:
- Educating people about caring for companion rabbits as house pets
- Facilitating rabbit rescues and adoptions
- Promoting rabbit advocacy and welfare
We are also a network of house-rabbit enthusiasts in Austin, Texas who help each other with information, support, outreach and camaraderie. “Your friends may tire of your endless rabbit tales, but we won’t!”
- Responsible rabbit caretaking. Rabbits are intelligent, social companion animals that require mental stimulation, exercise and social interaction.
- Housing rabbits indoors.
- Spaying and neutering to promote a long, healthy and happy life for your rabbit. In addition, altering helps reduce overpopulation and the needless suffering and many deaths that result from too few homes.
We find rabbits to be rewarding, engaging companions. We want others to share the joys and avoid the common pitfalls of sharing life with a house rabbit.