Do you have some free time to donate to a worthy cause? Become a volunteer at House Rabbit Resource Network!
Start by filling out our Online Volunteer Application. Whatever your interest may be, we have lots of shelter bunnies and all sorts of volunteer opportunities for you to hop into!
Our shelter is clean and fully air-conditioned and we are very proud of our facility. It is a fun and collaborative environment. The buns would love to see you!
Beware! lovin’ on the buns can become habit-forming!
Available Volunteer Positions
Click on any of the icons to learn more about the job and what it entails.
For questions about volunteering, please contact us.
Below is a list of our Volunteer Requirements and our most Frequently asked questions pertaining to volunteering with House Rabbit Resource Network. If you don’t see the answer to your question below, please feel free to either call us at 512-444-EARS (3277) and leave a message, or email us.
The minimum age to volunteer is 16 years of age.
If you are 16 or 17, we require a parent to be present with you at all times.
- Fill out our Online Volunteer Application and submit it.
- Our volunteer coordinator will review it. If you are a good fit for our shelter, the volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will schedule orientation time at the shelter to tour, get to see how things are run, meet some of the other volunteers, etc. During the orientation, feel free to ask all the questions you want.
- Once the orientation is over, you and the Volunteer Coordinator will decide which volunteer job is best for you as well as schedule you in for the times that you can perform the volunteer duty.
- That’s it! You are now a volunteer and scheduled with your specific duty and time!
Wonderful! Our volunteer coordinator will review it. If you are a good fit for our shelter, our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you to schedule a time for orientation.
If you’re having difficulties with the online volunteer application, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
Of course! Whether you want to try something new, your schedule has changed, or you just don’t like your current volunteer job, we will do our best to switch you to a new job that works better for you and your schedule.
Of course! There are plenty of volunteer jobs that require little to no lifting of items over 15 lbs. Just let our Volunteer Coordinator know of your physical limitations and we’ll be happy to work with you.
Yes! We can work with almost any schedule. Whether you come in once a month, only for events, etc. We will do our best to make it happen.
In short, we are a volunteer run shelter, so we are unable to accommodate walk-in viewings. We ask for everyone to fill out an online adoption application first, even if you’re just wanting to browse the shelter bunnies and are unsure if you’re actually ready to adopt. This allows our Adoption Coordinators to schedule appointments so they can assist you.